The list is dominated by next-generation themes such as internet and industrial innovation as well as by China- and India-focused funds.
1. ARK Innovation ETF
2017 return: 87.32%
Strategy: Follows securities that focus on and benefit from the development of new products and services, technological improvements and advancements in scientific research related to areas including disruptive innovation such as the next generation internet, industrial innovation and genomic revolution.
2. ARK Web x.0 ETF
2017 return: 87.29%
Strategy: Focuses on companies expected to benefit from shifting the bases of technology infrastructure to the cloud, enabling mobile and local services, shared services, internet-based products and services, new payment methods, big data, the internet of things and social distribution and social media.
3. VanEck Vectors Rare Earth/Strategic Metals ETF
2017 return: 82.6%
Strategy: Seeks to replicate the MVIS Global Rare Earth/Strategic Metals Index, which tracks the overall performance of companies involved in producing, refining, and recycling of rare earth and strategic metals and minerals.
4. Wisdom Tree China ex-State-Owned Enterprises Fund
2017 return: 81.5%
Strategy: Tracks investment results of Chinese companies that are not state-owned enterprises, which is defined as government ownership of more than 20 percent. Top holdings in the fund include Alibaba Group Holding and Baidu.com and information technology represents about a third of the fund.
5.Guggenheim China Technology ETF
2017 return: 74.31%
Strategy: Tracks the AlphaShares China Technology Index, which is designed to measure and monitor the performance of publicly-issued common equity securities of publicly-traded companies that are open to foreign ownership and derive a majority of their revenue from the IT sector in China and its special administrative regions.
6. KraneShares CSI China Internet ETF
2017 return: 69.73%
Strategy: Follows the CSI Overseas China Internet Index, which consists of China-based companies whose primary business is focused on internet and internet-related technology and which are publicly traded on either the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq or the New York Stock Exchange.
7. Emerging Markets Internet & Ecommerce ETF
2017 return: 68.2%
Strategy: Tracks an index of leading internet and ecommerce companies serving emerging markets, offering exposure to the growth of online consumption in the developing world including in countries such as India, China, Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria and Indonesia.
8. Global X China Consumer ETF
2017 return: 67.74%
Strategy: Invests in a basket of stocks that operate within the consumer discretionary and consumer staples sectors in China. Its biggest exposure is to travel—more than 20%–followed by automobiles and components—more than 18%.
9. Columbia India Small Cap ETF
2017 return: 67.57%
Strategy: Follows the Indxx India Small Cap Index, which is designed to measure the market performance of companies in the small cap segment in India including in the banking, construction and engineering, pharmaceuticals, software and machinery sectors.
10. VanEck Vectors India Small-Cap Index ETF
2017 return: 66.53%
Strategy: Similar to SCIN, seeks to replicate the MVIS India Small-Cap Index, which is comprised of securities of small-capitalization companies that are incorporated in India or outside of India but with at least 50% of their revenue and related assets in India.
ETFs – Trending Now
- ETF Investing Strategies 2016Tackle the issues and themes that are likely to be popular in the year ahead. ... read more
- S&P 500 tracking ETF VOO to undergo reverse splitNEW YORK--The popular Vanguard 500 Index Fund VOO, -0.25% is set to undergo a reverse split that will double its share price in an effort ... read more
- ETF inventor Most dies at 90BOSTON (CBS.MW) -- Nathan "Nate" Most, who invented the first U.S. exchange-traded fund and spawned a growing $190 billion industry, died Friday at the age ... read more
- ETF pioneer explains what’s ahead for industry after $4 trillion boomETF pioneer explains what’s ahead for industry after $4 trillion boom ... read more
- Gold miners ETF surges to 19-month high, with most U.S. components doubling in 3 monthsGold miners ETF surges to 19-month high, with most U.S. components doubling in 3 months ... read more
- LYXOR ETF MSCI AC ASIA – PACIFIC EX JAPAN C-EUR | ETF | LYX0AB | FR0010312124 | finanzen.netLYXOR ETF MSCI AC ASIA - PACIFIC EX JAPAN C-EUR | ETF | LYX0AB | FR0010312124 | finanzen.net ... read more
- Bond ETF inflows top $100 billion for 2017It’s first time inflows have broke 12-digit barrier in a calendar year ... read more
- 4 Things To Know Before Trading A Leveraged ETFU.S. ETFs are on pace to have record inflows in 2017. That includes funds dedicated to equities, fixed income, and commodities. And it's easy to ... read more
- REIT vs. REIT ETFREITs hold real estate or mortgage pools and pass income on to shareholders. ... read more
- ETF fee war expands, bringing more pain to active managersPressure on ‘smart beta’ fees is credit negative: Moody’s ... read more
- ETF volumes go near mute levels as volatility drops to near-record lowsThe biggest ETF had its lowest monthly volume in more than 12 years in July ... read more
- This Exists: A Rhodium ETFThis Exists: A Rhodium ETF ... read more
- The market’s first marijuana-themed ETF to start trading on WednesdayThe market’s first marijuana-themed ETF to start trading on Wednesday ... read more
- This week’s Mutual Funds and ETF storiesDon’t miss these top money and investing features: ... read more
- Fidelity expands ETF partnership with BlackRockBOSTON (Reuters) - Fidelity Investments has expanded its 3-year-old partnership with BlackRock Inc (BLK.N) to offer its customers free trading of more exchange-traded funds, as ... read more
- Keep an eye on the $4 trillion ETF industry — it could start the next financial crisisKeep an eye on the $4 trillion ETF industry — it could start the next financial crisis ... read more
- New dividend ETF has yield appealNEW YORK (MarketWatch) — A new ETF emphasizing dividends has joined a glut of competitors, but this one may have an advantage or two. ... read more
- How to Choose a Good ETFAn exchange-traded fund, or ETF, is as basket of stocks or bonds, like a mutual fund, that trades on an exchange, like a stock. Most ... read more
- ISHARES STOXX EUROPE MID 200 UCITS ETF (DE) | ETF | 593399 | DE0005933998 | finanzen.netISHARES STOXX EUROPE MID 200 UCITS ETF (DE) | ETF | 593399 | DE0005933998 | finanzen.net ... read more
- Largest U.S. university endowment funds pull back on ETF exposureNEW YORK (Reuters) - The largest U.S. college endowment funds are pulling back their holdings of exchange-traded funds even as they invest more money in ... read more
- Exclusive: Macquarie to enter U.S ETF market making business(Reuters) - Australia’s Macquarie Group (MQG.AX) is entering the U.S exchange-traded fund market making business, officials told Reuters in an interview. ... read more
- An ETF That’s an Ideal Bond SubstituteLearn the ins and outs of "target maturity" exchange-traded funds. ... read more
- An Overlooked ETF For Rising Interest RatesThe Federal Reserve boosted interest rates three times in 2017 and expectations are in place for further tightening in 2018. Rising interest rates could plague ... read more
- Is a Bitcoin ETF a Good Investment?Main Street investors will need to wait longer to find out after the SEC rejects the proposed exchange-traded fund. ... read more
- LYXOR ETF MSCI EMERGING MARKETS – C-EUR | ETF | LYX0BX | FR0010429068 | finanzen.netLYXOR ETF MSCI EMERGING MARKETS - C-EUR | ETF | LYX0BX | FR0010429068 | finanzen.net ... read more
- ETF SWING & DAY TRADING Post # 78970ETF SWING & DAY TRADING Post # 78970 ... read more
- ICE Exchange Unit Seeking to List Bitcoin Futures ETF – CoinDeskNYSE Arca has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for a proposed rule change that would allow for the listing of two ... read more
- Stock Market Today: Nasdaq Up; Can This Bitcoin ETF Top 2,500? Buy Or Pass On These 3 New IPOs? | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis – IBDOne day after the Federal Reserve raised short-term interest rates for the third time this year, big-cap techs helped hoist the Nasdaq composite mildly higher ... read more
- Apple Leads Nasdaq Stocks Up; Is This The Best Bitcoin ETF To Trade? | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis – IBDDow Jones industrial average component Apple (AAPL) posted its biggest gain in more than a month, gaining 1.9% to 172.61 in brisk volume and reaffirming ... read more
- Investors betting on electric cars pour millions into lithium ETFInvestors betting on electric cars pour millions into lithium ETF ... read more
- Should You Buy A Dividend ETF Or Manage Your Own Portfolio Of Individual Dividend Stocks?Should You Buy A Dividend ETF Or Manage Your Own Portfolio Of Individual Dividend Stocks? ... read more
- Will The MAGA ETF Make Your Portfolio Great?Will The MAGA ETF Make Your Portfolio Great? ... read more
- How Does Fidelity’s New Core Dividend ETF Stack Up To Its Peers?How Does Fidelity's New Core Dividend ETF Stack Up To Its Peers? ... read more
- How T+2 Settlement Affects ETF InvestorsHow T+2 Settlement Affects ETF Investors ... read more
- An Active Short-Only ETF – Focus On Bad Stocks, Not The Whole MarketAn Active Short-Only ETF - Focus On Bad Stocks, Not The Whole Market ... read more
- The Best Utility ETF For The Retiree: How To Get A 7% Return Or BetterThe Best Utility ETF For The Retiree: How To Get A 7% Return Or Better ... read more
- Shorting Leveraged ETF Pairs: Easier Said Than DoneShorting Leveraged ETF Pairs: Easier Said Than Done ... read more
- SPYB: This Buyback ETF Doesn’t Pan OutSPYB: This Buyback ETF Doesn't Pan Out ... read more
- Choosing An ETF For Your Portfolio Made Easy: Ace The Art With Expert AdviceThere's a way to eat spaghetti with less mess and it involves a spoon, or if you're from the old country, an artful twirl with the ... read more
- This Tech ETF With Less In Apple And Alphabet Is Better Off For ItMajor ETFs flexed higher Wednesday as surging semiconductor and technology stocks lifted the stock market to a fresh all-time high. ... read more
- Telecom ETF Rides Success Of Major Wireless CarriersWith only about 20 stocks in its portfolio, iShares U.S. Telecommunications (IYZ) is not as well-diversified as most ETFs. ... read more
- This ETF Is A Long-Term Growth Play On Tesla And Lithium BatteriesTesla charged up this week after billionaire investor Ron Baron said the maker of electric cars could become one of the biggest companies in the ... read more